Welcome to 5205 Cottingham Place, a thoroughly upgraded 3 bedroom, 3 full bath, 1-car garage, 3139 finished sq.ft. TH in the Landmark Mews community located at the West End of Alexandria. The Community location offers immediate access to 395/Beltway/95, with proximity to the Pentagon and DC.
To learn more about Landmark Mews and West End Alexandria, check out LivinginLandmarkMews.com, a comprehensive visual and information website on choosing this Community as your Home. The website includes a Community video and info on the Livability benefits from proximity to everything, including the West End Alexandria project with the new Inova Alexandria Hospital Campus.
House Features & Upgrades: This four-level home has recent upgrades throughout, both inside and exterior, with attention to detail and high-end finishes.
- The home opens tiled entry with a 12-foot ceiling, then on to the fully remodeled kitchen with extra cabinets and arched entry added to the space along with new cabinets, granite counters, tile backsplash, undercabinet lighting, floor tile, and appliances.
- The Main Level has a wood-burning fireplace. This level has access to the fenced patio area via a custom Andersen slider door.
- The half bath on the Main Level has been fully upgraded with vanity, sconce lighting, and floor tile.
- The bedroom level has two Owner's Suites, each sized to make a King bed look small. The first Owner's Suite has a fully remodeled bathroom with high-end finishes. The bathroom for the second bedroom has an updated vanity with Quartz top. Both bedrooms have a large walk-in closet.
- The Upper Level can be used as a Guest Suite or an office, with the 3rd bedroom, a full bathroom, and walk-in closet. This level also has two walk-in attic spaces for storage.
- The Lower Level has another wood-burning fireplace, wet bar with granite top, an upgraded half bath, the laundry room, and a large walk-in area for storage (with foam tile flooring).
- The house has recently added wood floors on the Main and upper two levels, with hardwood on the stairs throughout the house. The Lower Level floor is newly installed Luxury Vinyl Plank.
- All house windows are vinyl-clad replacement windows, except for lower level casement window. The front windows are Andersen replacement windows installed in 2022.
- All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded, including LED recessed lighting.
- All door hardware in the house, including hinges, has been upgraded to brushed nickel, with levers rather than knobs for a more elegant look and feel.
- The HVAC systems (Carrier) were installed in 2020 & 2013.
- The roof was installed in 2013, with oversized gutters.
Landmark Mews community details:
Landmark Mews is a community of 148 townhouses that surrounds 1-acre central Commons. This Park setting created by the Commons, mature trees, brick walls, and lush landscaping is rare for a community located Inside the Beltway. Landmark Mews not only provides these green features for residents to enjoy, but is also only 13 miles from Washington, DC, with immediate access to 395/Beltway/95, and offers the Livability benefits from its location at the West End of Alexandria.
Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Landmark Mews.
For example, The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10-minute drive. The West End Farmers Market is five minutes away, with the Old Town Farmers Market in the heart of Old Town just 15 minutes away. For more information on Alexandria Farmers Markets, see the video on this website or LivinginLandmarkMews.com.
The Community offers 1-car garage townhouses, with interior units having 2900-3000 finished sq.ft. and end units having 3400-3600 finished sq.ft. The number of communities within the Beltway that offer townhouses of this size is truly a very short list. This list is even shorter if you desire to live in Alexandria or Arlington.
Landmark Mews is also uniquely positioned to derive maximum "livability," health-related, and location-driven community appeal and valuation benefits from the WestEnd Alexandria project (see details below).
In 2020, Landmark Mews completed a two-year renovation of its entire landscaping, which includes installation of LED pathway lighting.
The community will perform landscaping work (e.g., pruning, mulching, and/or mowing) for a homeowner's property as part of HOA fee, at homeowner's request.
The large central grass Commons has walking paths, benches, and landscaping that creates a space for a peaceful walk or quiet reflection, with this green space located a short stroll from any front door in Landmark Mews. With the extensive landscaping, mature trees, and brick driveways and front walks throughout the community, Landmark Mews provides its residents with eye-pleasing views to enjoy outside their home every day. The Commons and mature landscaping are quality of Life features that are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway. For photos of the Commons and the Community, see the "Landmark Mews & Nearby" page on the Living in Landmark Mews website. The Community video on the home page of the Landmark Mews website also has views of the Commons.
Bren Mar Park, which is the Fairfax County park adjacent to Landmark Mews, is a 10-15 minute walk from any front door in the community. The park has 32-acres of mature trees, Turkeycock Run stream, Truss bridges, and walking trails to enjoy. See a video of Bren Mar Park on on this website or on the "Landmark Mews & Nearby" page of the Living in Landmark Mews website, along with other Parks located within 10-15 minutes (e.g., Winkler Botanical Preserve, Green Spring Gardens, & Lake Accotink).
Access to Verizon Fios is also available to Landmark Mews residents.
Visitor parking is located along Manchester Way and at corner of Bedlington & Chaucer Lanes, each less than a 1 minute walk to the front door. Residents can park overnight in Visitor parking.
The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive from Landmark Mews, with 361 daily parking spaces. A no-cost City of Alexandria DASH bus service with a 12-minute ride time to and from the Van Dorn Metro is a 12 minute walk from the front door. A direct WMATA bus to the Pentagon is the same 12 minute walk (44 minute front door-to-Pentagon travel time).
Update On Landmark Mall Redevelopment Project ("WestEnd Alexandria"):
The WestEnd Alexandria development project (formerly Landmark Mall) is one of the largest development projects in the Washington Metro area, with the total cost estimated to be $2.2B, including Inova's investment of $1B for the new Alexandria Hospital Campus.
The video section of this website (and the home page of LivinginLandmarkMews.com) contains videos with full details on the WestEnd Alexandria project, the new Inova Alexandria Hospital Campus located at WestEnd, and current status of the project (updated through the March 2023 City approval of Inova's development plan for the new Alexandria Hospital Campus).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa), providing 24-hour specialty services for brain injuries, complex fractures, and other trauma care;
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
WestEnd Alexandria is designed to be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
WestEnd Alexandria Project Timeline:
- December 2020: The City announced the project to redevelop Landmark Mall in partnership with Inova as and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer.
- July 2021: The City approved the Coordinated Development District (CDD) Plan for the project.
- September 2021: The City established the Landmark Community Development Authority (CDA) to address infrastructure improvements related to the project.
- November 2021: The City purchased the first of three land parcels for the hospital.
- February 2022: Foulger-Pratt announced that the name of the redevelopment project will be "WestEnd Alexandria."
- March 2022: Inova submitted its concept plan for the Hospital Campus.
- May 2022: Demolition Begins (First Demo on May 12th).
- Fall 2022: Demolition Ends/Project Grading & Infrastructure Work Begins.
- December 2022: The City approved the development plan for the first four non-Hospital residential blocks (Phase I - Blocks E, G, Eye, & K).
- February 2023: Bids Due on City 395-Duke Ramp Project for Direct Hospital Access.
- March 2023: City Approval of Inova's Development Plan for the Alexandria Hospital Campus.
- End 2023: Final Site Plan Approval.
- January 2024: Vertical Construction of Phase I starts.
- 3rd Quarter 2025: Infrastructure Complete.
- 4th Quarter 2025: Phase 1 (non-Hospital) Buildings Complete (Blocks E, G, Eye, & K).
- 1st Quarter 2028: Inova Alexandria Hospital Opens.
- 1st Quarter 2028: Blocks L & M (For Sale 2-over-2 condos & townhouses) scheduled for completion.
In addition to bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, & entertainment options five minutes from Landmark Mews, the WestEnd Alexandria project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Overlook at West End, Greenhill South, the Vulcan site redevelopment, and others.
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).